Jun 27, 2010

Bottle Struggle!

Hunter is coming to the 1 year mark in a month so I am assuming this "phase" or "stage" is normal.....

HE IS HARDLY DRINKING ANY FORMULA ANYMORE!

He went from sucking down 6-8oz bottles to maybe drinking 3oz at a time. He does not want to sit there and drink a bottle anymore. I have been talking to other moms and researching some and sounds like he is just growing up and saying, "hey mom, im not a little baby anymore...I don't want to sit here and drink milk all day". I just worry about his nutrients. But now that he is eating tons of gerber snacks, finger foods, and table food, I think he should be ok. However his pedi did say that around 1 when they are off formula or are down to like one bed time bottle....that he needs to be on a multi vitamin to make sure he is getting all the essentials and nutrients each day that his body needs to stay healthy. SO....we went out and bought the enfamil infant vitamins. It's a multi vitamin for infants/toddlers and its just a dropper full of liquid vitamin once a day you give to them and he seems to take to it fine. So I feel better that he takes a multi vitamin everyday! ( :

On the other hand he is not dehydrating. He drinks ice water all day. He loves to drink cold water out of his straw sippy cup. It's funny cause most kids love juice, he tolerates it. He rather have ice water any day then juice. But he drinks like 4oz of juice a day now, he is starting to kind of like it now. But, I did this on purpose, all I gave him was water. I waited till he LOVED water and was used to drinking it before I gave juice. So one smart thing I have done as a mom through all the mess ups and imperfections that I have.

On another note, his birthday party is coming up in just a month! It's a pool party so we are so excited. I have not gotten any decorations or anything yet. Will be doing that next week. Card and Party factory will be seeing a lot of me! ( : But just one day after his party we leave for michigan on August 2nd! My brother is getting married and most of you know and we are way excited for them. So just a 5 weeks before the wedding, and we are so excited to head up north to celebrate with them. I am a bridesmaid, so very honored, and speaking of I need to pick up my dress it finally came in! yay! Well, got to get to cleaning this house.......its a never ending process with a crawler....

Love-Jess

No comments: