Jul 5, 2010

The "Big" Party Plans.....

So....as everyone knows Hunter's 1 year birthday is coming up in less than a month!!!
At first I was pretty chilled, but today as I was driving I heard that song by Darius Rucker (not sure if I spelled that correctly) but it's called, "It won't be like this for long". It's a country song and its such a beautiful song, but its basically starting out as; this guy waking up in the middle of the night because his newborn baby is crying and he is so tired and makes himself some coffee and splashes water on his face and the wife comes up to him and the chorus states something like....Don't worry it won't be like this for long....this phase is going to fly by, just hold on, it won't be like this for long.....
I then started to think about the 1st few weeks of Hunter's life and how hard it was, him waking up every 3 hours and nursing 24/7 it seemed like and how I thought to myself, " I cannot wait till this phase goes away and he sleeps through the night and he starts sitting up, then crawling....and all these things" And now, I wish I could take it all back! He is almost walking and trying to talk...and he is wearing 18 months clothes and its like I blinked and he's not a newborn anymore. I know he is still a baby....but that song got me to thinking that its so true, that it won't be like this for long. My next blog will be him going to kindergarden and I will be so emotional I probably will stay home all day with a box a tissue and just cry ) :
But, anyways....that song progresses to that baby growing up to be a little girl and going off to school and then a teenager then the dad giving her away at her wedding...its such a sweet song but I just thought to myself that its such a true song. And I know he can't be a tiny baby forever and in all honestly I don't want him to, but I just look back and wish it would all just slow down, it goes by way to fast!

OK, enough of this.......I'm starting to cry again ( : OK....so Hunter's party is going to be a swim party! It'll be 140 degrees out on august 1st so what a better way to celebrate then in water right! Well Michael and I got the pool rented out for 3 hours.....I ordered invitations they should be here at the end of this week and I got pretty much most all the decorations. We decided on Mickey's Clubhouse! Michael and I just love Disney and the whole Mickey Mouse theme and all the little Mickey friends and the theme is just too cute. I found it at Card and Party factory so I ordered like half of the things that they have for it. If I would of ordred everything it would of been like our life savings....so expensive. So I am being smart and trying to not go overboard. But something cute I thought of today actually was to bring our cd player out there....and play some disney movie songs...like litter mermaid, aladin, lion king, cinderella, snow white, etc. Just all those songs that even the adults will know! ( : So I got on amazon.com and I ordered 2 disney cd's with a variety of songs on them from different classic disney movies that we all love and it was only 15 bucks cause they were used! So pretty good deal....I also got a pinata too for all the kiddos to hit....the pinata is a big number one, so I thought that was a good idea!
Well....Im still stuck on cakes, not sure what we are going to do for his birthday cake smash session that will take place! ( : I'm so excited.....anyways....better get going....pretty late and Hunter is asleep in his crib and its about time for me to hit the sack....good night!
p.s. Hunter had his 1st 4th of July yesterday and we went to the fireworks display...and he LOVED them. He was pointing at the fireworks and clapping after them, he's so happy and so good! He wasn't scared or nervous and they were very big too!!! He just loved his first fourth of july.....

No comments: