Jul 23, 2010

1 week to go....

So, a year ago today I was sitting at home 38 weeks pregnant, FAT and MISERABLE. I was waiting and waiting for the arrival of our 1st born son! Now, a year later.....I am sitting at home NOT 38 weeks pregnant (or pregnant at all LOL) and wondering where the time has gone? That was the fastest year I have ever experienced in my 25 years of life! People always say that you blink and they are grown up or blink and its gone, I am starting to see this phrase is very much true!
Well, Hunter had his 1 year pictures today. He did a "cake smashing" session with a friend of mine (ADS Photography). She does a wonderful job and I cannot wait to see the finished product. I know they will be amazing! Only a week left till his bday party and I sure hope I have everything I need.
Hunter fell for the 1st time super hard right on his forehead the other day. He has a bruise on his head, but looks better each day. He was trying to take a step and lost his balance, poor thing. But, I know there will be more to come as he is trying to walk now.
I have applied at every school imaginable around this area, now its up to the Lord where he wants me to be. I leave it all in his hands.....
Michael is getting closer and closer to the top of the list at the Police Dept. He is now #13 ( : So, looking very promising that he will be in the January police academy! Although I grew up in a police officer's home (dad retired after 25 years) it still will feel all new to me as my husband goes out there to protect our city.
You'd think it would be more comfortable or no big deal cause I was born into it and all my life was used to the "police" life, but it'll be different as I kiss my husband and father of our baby off to work. I know our God will protect my husband and I pray that he keeps him from all harm. I have faith that this is what the Lord wants Michael to do then it will be done!
Anyways, I have a week to stress, cry, and freak out but the day of my son's 1st birthday I want to be relaxed, happy, and stress-free because its a joyous day that my son was born a year ago and I am so lucky and blessed to be his mother ( :
It's also been a little emotional because I know that although its sad he is growing up its also bitter sweet because Michael and I get to raise this sweet little boy and love him for 18 long years before he goes off into the world.....
Well...good night. Sleep is very much needed for this tired momma....
Love-Jess

No comments: